Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I like quesadillas better than grilled cheese sandwiches


I fill my quesidillas with mozarella cheese, browned onions and refried beans.  I sometimes add tomatoes and/or avocado. 

This is the basic recipe I got from an Alice Water's cookbook for kids.
12 oz. Monterey Jack cheese or mozzarella cheese
16 corn or flour tortillas
1 cup tomato salsa

Grate the cheese.  Put a lightly olive oiled cast-iron pan on the stove over medium heat.
Lay out 8 of the tortillas on a table and spread the grated cheese over each one.  Spoon some salsa on the cheese and then top with the rest of the tortillas.
Use a spatula and slip the tortilla "sandwich" into the hot pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until the cheese is melted.  Remove with the spatula, cut into quarters, and eat right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment